From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org On Behalf Of Judy Brewer
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 07:05
To: EOWG
Subject: Getting back into the Evaluation Resource Suite

In recent months we've been working on the "Selecting Evaluation Tools
for
Web Accessibility" page,
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/selectingtools.html
which will eventually live within the Evaluation Resource Suite;
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/eval/
and we have a bit more editing to do on that page.

But we also have some revisions pending on the Evaluation Resource Suite
as
a whole, and plan to spend some of our meeting time at the Technical
Plenary EOWG face-to-face working on that.

For background before the face-to-face meeting, it would be helpful to
review the Eval Resource Suite changelog, most of which can be found at
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-eval.html
and the rest at
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/impl/changelog.html

In addition, Shadi is starting to look at how to incorporate some of the

change requests, and proposes that we consider something such as the
following rough outline for a mild re-organization of the current
information. Please remember that we are saving major revisions for
later
in the year.

Here are some initial thoughts from Shadi, and please look for more
information from him on the mailing list:

+ overall introductory page about evaluating web sites
  - current introduction about different forms of evaluations
  - small business case like intro about benefits of evaluations
  + dedicated page for preliminary evaluations
   - small description about pros and cons of such an evaluation
   - current content but restructured with more subheadings
   - links to the appropriate section of the existing tools list
  + dedicated page for comprehensive evaluations
   - description about the limitations of such an evaluation
   - current content but restructured with more subheadings
   - links to the appropriate section of the existing tools list

Regards,

Judy

Director, Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C)
MIT/CSAIL Building 32-G530
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA,  02139,  USA