WAI Site Redesign Navigation Interaction Feedback

From: Roberto Castaldo <r.castaldo@iol.it>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:25:58 +0100
To: "'EOWG'" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi group,

Here are some late impressions on navigating the page
http://www.w3.org/2004/09/wai-nav/

The problem I have found is that I cannot immediatly visually identify
hyperlinks in the page: there is not a unique criteria for displaying
hyperlinks, some of them are underlined, some not, some of them are simply
bold text, and some bold text is not a hyperlink.

In one word, confusing, as I had to go around the page with my mouse looking
for all hyperlinks.

Some example:

- In the left navigation menu "W3C Home" is a link, "WAI Home" is not a
link, but they're both bold text
- All hyperlinks in the navigation bar are not underlined; I think that they
should be, so that they can immediatly identified as links to other pages
- In the central comunm hyperlinks are dotted-underlined, but in the right
column they're only bold: for example, the only way to understand if "WAI
develops..." or "guidelines" are a link or not is to pass on them with the
mouse.

I think that all hyperlinks should be easily recognizable at first glance,
so they should be all undelined (dotted?).

My best regards,

Roberto Castaldo
Webaccessibile.Org Coordinator
Http://www.webaccessibile.org