Re: Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools - Issue 3

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:13:07 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Hello Judy, Shadi and all,

3. Tools help improve Web accessibility  but not help the eval process?

During Jan 28 call, it was interesting that few were willing to  wholeheartedly support a statement stating that "eval tools help the eval process", which Judy put forward based on my suggestion.
So I wonder, is it necessary to say  these tools "help improve Web accessibility" ? Is it not redundant because a QA or evaluation process is supposed to enhance the quality of the  output?

Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387