From: w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Pasquale Popolizio
Sent: Thursday, 27 January 2005 2:29 AM
To: EOWG
Subject: Comments about Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools

Hi all,

some comments about the document
[Draft] Selecting Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/eval/selectingtools.html

I find all the text very clear and in a plain language.
I only find difficult to understand the word "Crawling".

I really like the sentence:
"Manual Web accessibility evaluation tools help educate Web developers in
understanding the impact and context of the accessibility barriers which
leads to long term resolution of mistakes."
I think that it's right to stress this opportunity.

Always respecting the important rule "WAI does not endorse or promote any
single tool or vendor.", in this case, for better clarifies the different
types of tools, what about to mention 2 or 3 examples of semi-automated and
manual tools?
Or, in alternative, to link to "Evaluation, Repair, and Transformation Tools
for Web Content Accessibility" document at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/existingtools.html#Evaluation,
where it's possible to make the sub-categories to the list (not only
"General", "Focused", "Services") and to specify the tools that are
semi-automated and the tools that are manual.

Talk to you all friday (if my health will allow me!)

Regards
Ciao

Pasquale

Pasquale Popolizio
IWA/HWG Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
pasquale@osservatoriosullacomunicazione.com
www.osservatoriosullacomunicazione.com/personali/popolizio.php
mobile 393.9402244