Re: First Beginners Lexicon results

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:28:39 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Henk, I really like what you have done here.  I think your methodology for
choosing the terms for inclusion is valid. The group-polling takes what
would otherwise be purely subjective choices and adds a bit of weight to
the decisions.

I think the harder task will be to answer your second question. I am sure
that some of the many definitions already out there could be used little
modification, but there are some that cry-out for annotation (or rewriting

I have to say that, where you have included them, I like your own
definitions. I think you are on the right track with them.  The trick will
be to ensure that any plain-language (simplified) definitions we come up
with still bear enough resemblance to the original (complex) ones that
people don't think we are defining two different concepts.

Chuck Letourneau