Reference for longdesc display in Firefox browser

From: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:38:54 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
I thought the Web developers and Web accessibility evaluators in our circle
might be interested in this.

The Mozilla Firefox browser [http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/]
supports an extension called "Longdesc (v. 0.2)"  that, with the right
click of the mouse, lets you bring up a longdesc page if one is associated
with an image.

If you have Firefox installed, go to the Tools menu, and select
Extensions.  A window showing your currently installed extensions
opens.  Select "Get More Extensions".  Select "Miscellaneous" from the
Categories and look for "Longdesc 0.2".  On my desktop it was on the third
page of the search results.

Cheers,
Chuck Letourneau
Starling Access Services