EOWG: Agenda for teleconference 22 October 2004 - outreach update

From: Andrew Arch <andrew.arch@nils.org.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:32:00 +1000
To: "EOWG \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi All,

Just an update to comment on the (apparent) recent increase in interest in
accessibility in Australia. The last three workshops we've run
(http://www.nils.org.au/ais/web/workshops/workshops.html) have been out in
advance and in Adelaide last week and Melbourne this we had to schedule an
additional workshop, and still had a waiting list. The workshop we have
scheduled in Canberra in November is booked out already.

This is great news for accessibility awareness in Australia.

Calling logistics and an agenda for our 22 October 2004 teleconference

1. Outreach updates (brief)
- please send to EOWG mailing list in advance, note any trends or issues
for EOWG discussion

2. Components images
- we updated the 3 images in:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.html and are open to feedback on
these. specifically:
- how do they work in this document?
- how do they work for presentations, a printed piece, other?

3. Site redesign
- general update
- a partial prototype of the navigation design starts at:
http://www.w3.org/2004/09/wai-nav/8-home *** note that this prototype is
a rough mockup of navigation only. it does _NOT_ represent the latest
visual design iterations and the style sheet is not technically sound.
Some links in the hierarchical navigation are active, some are not.[1]
- discuss navigation prototype and annotated navigation pages:

4. Overview and Introduction pages
- update on status of:
	Introduction to Web Accessibility:
	Interdependent Components of Web Accessibility:
	Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview:
	Navigating WCAG 1.0 Guidelines and Techniques Documents:
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag10 (coming soon)
	Introduction to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0
Working Draft Documents:
	User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG) Overview:
	Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines (ATAG) Overview:
	Overview of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Slides:
- Any comments on Overview and Introduction pages go to:
wai-eo-editors@w3.org. Please indicate if your comments are suggestions
for editor's discretion, high priority issues that require consideration
in the current version, or ideas that could wait for a later version.

Shawn and Judy

Shawn Lawton Henry
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
e-mail: shawn@w3.org