R: WCAG Logos are not WCAG compliant?

From: Roberto Castaldo <r.castaldo@iol.it>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:57:12 +0200
To: "'Gregg Vanderheiden'" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Hi Gregg, hi all

Gregg:
I don't thing Roberto was trying to dis our guideline though.

Roberto:
Absolutely right!

My intention is to defend WCAG 1.0 and I must admit that when someone finds
out that WAI logos are not WCAG conformant, I find myself in a certain
embarassment; W3C, WAI and its working group have always founded their work
on a great level of credibility; that is, in my opinion, the key of W3C's
strength; a "problem" like the limited contrast in our logos may easily
cause a lack of credibility, that's the only thing i'm concerned of.

I do believe that checkpoint 2.2 is a good compromise and does represent a
good starting point for web designers, but we simply cannot pretend that web
designers follow that checkpoint when we do not.

Gregg:
And wish us good luck

Roberto:
Of course I wish you good luck, and I offer my full availability to work on
this important issue

Thanks Gregg

My best regards,