Re: Accessibility & Search Engines

Here's some more support:

How To Sell Accessibility
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/sell-web-accessibility

The Business Case

There are two very good reasons why your client should start to think about
Web accessibility:

1. An accessible Website will make your client money.
2. An accessible Website will save your client money.

Now, if that doesn't get his attention, I don't know what will. Here are
eight ways in which accessibility will save or make your client money.

2. His Website will be compatible with new browsing technologies.
In the near future, PDAs, mobile phones and in-car browsers will all
regularly be used to access the Internet. Do you think you client knows that
some 58 million PDAs will be sold in 2008 alone?

3. His Website will appear higher in search engine rankings.
By making a Website more accessible to Web users, you also make it more
accessible to search engines. Search engines can't typically understand
images, JavaScript, Flash, audio, or video content. Provide alternative
content to each of these programs, and search engines will have a better
understanding of the purpose of the Website.

~ Kathleen Anderson
State of Connecticut