Web Accessibility Definition...

From: Alistair Garrison <alistair.garrison@accessinmind.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:54:44 -0000
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Dear All,

Did we agree a definition for Web Accessibility...

If we didn't the definition I am going to start to use is...

"Web Accessibility is the process of making Web content in a way that can be used, without issue or consequence, by people with disabilities."
This follows on from the definition of 'accessible' found in Glossary B of WCAG 1.0 (i.e. 'Content is accessible when it may be used by someone with a disability'), and the fact that several checkpoints in the Guidelines are designed to prevent Web content causing people with certain disabilities frustration, or in severe circumstances harm (i.e. flashing content).

Anyway... I believe it's food for thought...

Very Best Regards

Alistair

Alistair Garrison
Director, Accessinmind Limited