Re: Standards harmonization

At 08:06 PM 11/1/2003 +0100, Roberto Castaldo wrote:
>...not only with people with disabilities. And I think we should emphasize
>this.

On the one hand: AMEN!

On the other hand, the WAI (and by extension its EOWG) is specifically
chartered to deal with this matter from the point of view of PWD, hence the
constant (for several years anyway) spectacle of this point being
addressed, re-addressed, and sort of endlessly hashed over.

If you want to study the history of this discussion you can find a lot
about it in the archives of this working group and perhaps even more
extensively in the WCAG and ATAG working groups. We go over it, and over
it, and... In general the final conclusion is that, for better or for
worse, the decision has been (and probably continues to be) that our client
base is purposely restricted to (and our efforts focused on) PWD. Issues of
usability by everybody are mentioned, but deliberately not emphasized, and
I think that's how it's gotta be.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!