Re: Updated draft of benefits of standards harmonization

In my initial review of the draft, I have a few questions:

    1.  What is the status of XML Accessibility Guidelines?  XAG1.0 --
    W3C Working Draft 3 October 2002 <http://www.w3.org/TR/xag>

    2.  Do the latest activities in XML, especially web services, impact
    web accessibility?  Is there a concise overview of how XML and Web
    Services help accessibility?

    I'm glad to see a more comprehensive approach to learning
    enviornments being taken -- learning styles, collaborative learning
    environments, and experiential learning are all important aspects of
    truly addressing needs in this area.   This comprehensiveness is
    meant to be implied by the use of "adequately" in the third question:

    3.  Regarding Knowledge Repositories, has anyone been evaluating
    whether the Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) standard
    is adequately addressing accessibility requirements (at least it is
    stated in their intentions)?

        The Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) defines a
        Web-based learning "Content Aggregation Model" and "Run-Time
        Environment" for learning objects. The SCORM is a collection of
        specifications adapted from multiple sources to provide a
        comprehensive suite of e-learning capabilities that enable
        interoperability, accessibility and reusability of Web-based
        learning content. The work of the ADL Initiative to develop the
        SCORM is also a process to knit together disparate groups and
        interests. This reference model aims to coordinate emerging
        technologies with commercial and/or public implementations.
        http://www.adlnet.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=scormabt

    Karl