Outreach updates - 12 september

From: Roberto Castaldo <r.castaldo@iol.it>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:08:53 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Today I 've given a presentation concerning "Accessibility law proposals
in Italy", to 250 young students of Naples High Schools.

Actually in Italy there are several law proposals concerning public
admininstration web sites  accessibility, but only some of them consider
WAI and WCAG 1.0 as the source for the rules to apply

So, the problem is: What is the use of an italy-made new set of rules?
Any legilsative initiative should, in my opinion, be based on WCAG
rules, otherwise italian accessibility will be not the same as USA
accessibility, and so on.

Best regards

Roberto Castaldo
www.webaccessibile.org coordinator