Re: EOWG: 11 July 2003 teleconference - outreach update

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:59:16 +1000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

Finally back in the office after nearly a month of travel - whew :-)

Last week Vision Australia Foundation presented a very successful workshop
in Brisbane to around 20 folk from state and local government and tertiary
institutions on web accessibility - what it is, why do it, guidelines, what
to avoid, and how to start testing.

With some of our staff we have also just returned from AusWeb03 on the Gold
Coast where several sessions addressed accessibility issues and I gave the
opening keynote address - quite a privilege. The papers are available from
The keynotes were videoed and are also available (but not accessibly).

Regards Andrew

Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting, National Information and Library
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210; Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/webaccessibility |
http://www.it-test.com.au/ | http://www.dc-anz.org/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative