Re: [Fwd: Information Accessibility guidelines in China?]

Hi Harvey,

I was referred by
<mailto:browser-china-arf@sun.com>"browser-china-arf@sun.com" to contact
you on the subject.

As far as we've learnt from CDPF (China Disabled Persons' Federation -
<http://www.cdpf.org.cn/>http://www.cdpf.org.cn/),
there are no public policy on information accessibility with national scope
available in China at this point.
However, Director of Information Center from CDPF (Ms. Hui-Ping Cui,
<mailto:chuihuiping@cdpf.org.cn>chuihuiping@cdpf.org.cn),
expressed CDPF would be very interested in being posted about progress on
this from W3.  She mentioned
the common practice in China on such guidelines/policies should be
initiated & driven by both CDPF &
Ministry of Information Industry (MII), and submit to National Congress for
final approval & announcement.
You may consider to take her as one contact if you'd like to get further
info. on this.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Fang

Jessie Li wrote:

>Subject:
>Information Accessibility guidelines in China? [resent]
>From:
>Harvey Bingham <mailto:hbingham@acm.org><hbingham@acm.org>
>Date:
>Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:17:14 -0500
><mailto:browser-china-atf@sun.com>browser-china-atf@sun.com
>
>Is there any Chinese public policy on information accessibility with
>national scope?
>
>If so, the World Wide Web -- Web Accessibility Initiative would like
>to include it on their Policy page:
>
>     <http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/>http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/
>
>Regards/Harvey Bingham
>Invited Expert, W3 Web Accessibility Initiative

Fang Li
Program Manager - Desktop Engineering China
Sun Microsystems China Research & Engineering Insititute

<mailto:fang.li@sun.com>fang.li@sun.com
(phone):  (86)10-8261-8200 ext. 82881
(mobile): (86)1380-121-1881
(fax):  (86)10-6278-0968