FW: slidemaker style sheet issues

forwarded message:

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Lawton Henry [mailto:shawn@uiaccess.com]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 2:23 PM
To: Judy Brewer (jbrewer@w3.org)
Subject: slidemaker style sheet issues

Judy -

Here are notes following up on the issues with the slidemaker tool that
were pointed out in the EOWG call Fri:

Issue: In some configurations, the numbers of the <ol> are cut off on
the left.

Example: WinXP IE6 (gif attached)

FYI: in WinXP Opera604 (gif attached) the numbers are to the left of the
left margin for the other text; however, not cut off, so it's just an
aesthetics issue. same thing in Win2000 Opera402 and Win2000 IE5.5 -
numbers are too far left, not cut off. Win2000 Netscape 4.7 ignores the
margin all together so the numbers are indented right (also OK). I
didn't fire up Mac to check any other configurations.

What causes it: in the style sheet "ul, ol {margin-left: 1em;}"

A fix: changing "1em" to "1.5em" fixed it and looks good in the couple
of configurations I tested (1.5 WinXP IE6 & 1.5 WinXP Opera604 gifs
attached)

---

and another thing: "font-size: 24px;" defeats text resizing in Win IE -
as shown in attached "IE largest text.gif" and "IE smallest text.gif."
Should be relative, rather than absolute size, per WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint
3.4... (unless something has changed that I missed)

---

Best,

- Shawn

Shawn Lawton Henry