Re: Character/Title of "root" documents?

From: Charmane K. Corcoran <corcora1@msu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:14:11 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

I am a little confused about the comments on this topic.  Maybe I am
misunderstanding the comments or our role so feel free correct me if that
is the case.

I thought that "Building a Case..." was not us (WAI) building a case but us
giving people in organizations information on building their case for
making changes within their organization.  That is a totally different

If a person is making a case for organizational change and wants a buy-in
from executives and turf-holders, directive speech often dive-bombs the
attempt.  Further, the conciliatory sounding speech is also necessary
because not all organizations will necessarily get the same results based
on their starting point etc.

With the Building a Case text, I envision us as coming-along-side a web
accessibility promotor and giving them useful tools to aid them in creating
their presentation/case for change.  WAI is partnering with them. I
wouldn't use directive language in that case either.

As for laws, they are not universal or consistent from governmental to the
next.  We would be hard pressed to hold that line.

MSU: Advancing Knowledge. Transforming Lives.

Libraries, Computing & Technology:
                      Connecting People and Information

                           Have a Productive Day!

Charmane K. Corcoran
Information & Project Principal
Michigan State University
Client Advocacy Office
316A Computer Center
East Lansing MI 48824

	Departmental Office: 517/353-4856
	Direct/Voice Mail: 517/355-4500 Ext. 244
	Departmental: 517/355-0141