Re: EOWG: Agenda 16 May 2003 - outreach updates

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:26:20 +1000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

I have made a couple of presentaions in the last few weeks.

1. I co-presented with a usability person to two groups of Better Health
Channel (http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/) content partners - my section
was "designing for accessibility" and Jodie spoke on "D.I.Y user centered
design".

2. Presented to a group of Victorian Government communications managers on
"Online Accessibility" - what it is and why it matters with some good and
bad examples as part of a morning on "Making Government Communications
Accessible".

3. Presented with my co-author to a group of his colleagues at Swinburne
University on a paper we are writing on the Australian accessibility policy
situation for a special (policy) issue of the journal "Information
Technology and Disabilities"

Brian Hardy as been presenting around the country recently and talking to
public libraries about the Canadian Web-4-All (http://www.web4all.ca/)
project that we hope to bring to Australia from the University of Toronto.
We have had a lot of interest in this project in Australia.

Andrew
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting, Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210; Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/webaccessibility |
http://www.it-test.com.au/ | http://www.dc-anz.org/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/