Re: EOWG: Agenda, Friday 4 October, 2002 - outreach update & regrets

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:07:54 +1000
To: jbrewer@w3.org
Cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

Just a brief outreach update:

Last week Brian Hardy and I spent most of the week in Tasmania. We
conducted two full day workshops in Hobart and Launceston on web
accessibility, had productive meetings with the State Government and
industry representives (they want us back early next year), and spent two
half days talking with University of Tasmania staff about online
accessibility and accessibility issues in general.

I will probably be a regret for Friday's meeting as I am in Gaithersburg at
the INCITS V2 plenary meetings and not sure if I'll be able to locate a
phone tomorrow (also depends on Friday's agenda).

You will also be pleased to note that Vision Australia Foundation became a
member of W3C on 1 October with support from our recent grant from the
Commoinwealth Government for extending our online accessibility work to the
broader information and communications technology area.

Andrew
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager, Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210
Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ http://home.vicnet.net.au/~webacces/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/