Re: Auxiliary Benefits: filtering comments

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:10:16 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Matt May <mcmay@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

At 10:20 AM 8/9/2002 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Actually I don't think that the initial traffic increase is what is important

In whatever case, the problem I was trying to address is our tendency to be
"too objective" in these matters. The tone of the document could be, while
not actually confrontational, at least almost enthusiastic about these
benefits without necessarily emphasizing their possible "vaporosity".

Charles' example of being turned away by the support desk is spot on. But
we don't need to emphasize that there's no hard evidence that an accessible
site will enhance market share.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!