RE: EOWG: Agenda, Friday August 9, 2002

I am sorry I am sending my few edits and some additional blurbs so late but
I did not have a minute to breathe since I came from the trip.

I will provide more feedback next time,

________________

This document is one of several resources created to assist the preparation
of a business case for the implementation of Web accessibility. It describes
the benefits of  applying the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG
1.0) to the enterprise Web sites. that go above and beyond the benefits to
people with disabilities <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

 Conformance with the WCAG 1.0 (and other W3C) guidelines enhances usability
of the site, allows to retain existing customers and to reach out to the
broader audience which eventually can be one of the main factors in
increase of the market share.

Accessibility can serve as one of the major differentiation for the company
thus driving competitors' customers to the accessible site.

  Adoption of WCAG 1.0 recommendations also demonstrates company's strong
commitment to social responsibility. Socially responsible business practices
strengthen corporate accountability and  business ethics.

Corporate social responsibility can deliver the greatest benefits not only
to a company but to its stakeholders

 <http://www.bsr.org/BSRServices/Marketplace.cfm> Market place perceptions
and reaction to business behavior and practices is critical to corporate
success.

A lot of benefits can come from conforming to the WCAG guidelines however
ignoring them can result in penalties and losses

 Cost-efficiency is one of the major benefits of developing an accessible
site  vs. retrofitting it later when the government or state regulations are
enforced

Return on investment is high if you take into consideration all benefits we
have listed above as well as avoidance of risk of potential litigations

.