Fwd: Re: Auxiliary Benefits: filtering comments

I sympathize with William's concern about watering-down our message, but
unless someone can point to some hard data I think we have to couch our
message in probabilities.

I am reasonably certain that the "Advertising Institute of America" (if
such a body exists) has data that shows that nationwide direct-mail
marketing of any product will generate more sales for that product.  In
that case, increased audience reach translates directly into increased
market share.  But in the case of a Web site people still have to come to
it: i.e. potential audience.  An accessible site only increases the size of
the potential audience.  I wish I could tell a company that an accessible
site guarantees more site traffic, but I can't.

Chuck