Re: Auxiliary Benefits: filtering comments

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 08:05:43 -0700
To: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org

At 08:26 AM 8/2/2002 -0400, Chuck Letourneau wrote:
>An increase in market share (as I understand it) is a possible consequence
>of reaching a wider audience, but not a given.

I'm always struck by how "honest" we seem to be about things like this.
Instead of "Increase your profits four-fold by making your site accessible"
we insist on a disclaimer for the rather intuitively obvious claim that
increasing audience will increase market. It's as though we are packaging
accessiblity with a demurrer of the "your mileage may vary" sort.

--
Love.

It's Bad Luck to be Superstitious!