examples of relation between: visual and auditory navigation

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:58:42 +0000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
the navigation at http://www.peepo.com is about to be changed.

my concern relates to users with some sort of 'reader':
I imagine listening to the 'standard' navigation links, which are on
every page is slow and boring, so that that first you have an option to
go to the 'standard' navigation, then the 'page specific' links, then
the 'standard' navigation links.

There will be some kind of relation between the visual and auditory
navigation, and I'd like some really clear examples.
can someone point me to any?

thanks