RE: How People with Disabilities use the Internet

From: Audrey J. Gorman <agorman@megsinet.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:40:36 -0600
To: "'Andrew Arch'" <amja@optushome.com.au>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Andrew,

Thanks! This is very helpful information as I look at the training section
of the implementation suite. I was very frustrated that the cognative
simulation required Flash, but at least they said they're working on it.

BTW, my "real" web site is being done by someone who does accessible
design, since I don't even code. In the meantime, I played around with the
site design tool provided by my web hosting company, hostway.com. Pretty
disastrous, as far as accessibility is concerned. I'm going to use it as a
"what not to do" example and also point out the problems to the company. I
shudder to think how many people are blissfully using such tools. And it
occurred to me that this is just another layer of web activity promulgating
inaccessible sites. Our audiences seem to be proliferating at a greater
rate than we're educating people.
Audrey

Audrey J. Gorman
Access for All