Re: JavaScript and Accessibility - WebReference Update - 020221

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Arch" <amja@optushome.com.au>
> As MSNBC found for their Olympics.com site, relying solely on
> JavaScript to access your site is an accessibility barrier. Using
> JavaScript to enhance the Web browsing experience is great, but
> designing sites that rely solely on JavaScript for users to display
> and navigate your site should be used only in situations where you
> know who your users are (like an intranet for example). Case in
> point, CNET's download.com.
>
> http://www.download.com/

I feel the same way about CSS.  Everyone harps at me because I won't use
CSS, but then those same people (the ones with Netscape, anyway) moan about
how it crashes their browser.  So am I to assume that CSS just isn't a
viable option yet?

Carol
http://home.earthlink.net/~csott
http://www.csottdesign.com