Re: New & improved "Selecting & Using Authoring Tools for Web Accessibility"

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:21:54 -0500 (EST)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Yep, this is improved.

Minor notes:

1. The internal navigation link text doesn't match the headers it points to,
which I found confusing.

2. The introductory material on workarounds shouold more explicitly propose
considering developing work practices as work arounds. In the list of
examples there is adding a DOCTYPE by hand to each document, although that is
really a good example of where home-grown or adapted templates should be
used, or a utility - there is just such a plugin for Dreamweaver for example.
Another example might be manually producing longdesc pages as required, and
adding a londesc/ d-link. (Again, given a d-link, a tool could easily enough
produce a matching longdesc)

(I used lynx, so can't commment on style and layout)

Cheers

chaals

           "New & improved "Selecting & Using Authoring Tools for Web
  Accessibility"
  at:
           http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/impl/software4.html
  which will be part of our agenda for Friday January 18;
  comments welcome on the list as well.

  Latest features include:
  - improved navigation... hopefully...