Evaluating web sites for accessibility comment on the use of JAWS in Denmark

From: Helle BjarnÝ <hbj@visinfo.dk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:39:44 +0200
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>

In Chuck's latest version of May 30 he writes:

..."JAWS is the only screen reader translated into Danish, and therefore in
Denmark, a trained evaluator should evaluate the Web site using JAWS.".. has
been changed  back to the older version:

..."JAWS is the screen reader provided by the Danish government, and
therefore a trained evaluator should evaluate the Web site using JAWS."...

I would like us to stick to saying that one should evaluate with JAWS
because of the translation and not because of what is provided by government
- I'll explain more on the call if necessary

Kind regards
Helle Bjarno
Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
www.visinfo.dk
phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.