Curricula for Web Accessibility Training

From: Kathleen Anderson <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:06:15 -0400
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
As I mentioned on this morning's call, I used the three-hour hands-on
workshop scenario at http://www.w3.org/WAI/training/cr.html#designers  as
the basis for the class I taught to state vendors this week.

As I went through it, I found a couple of places where I would suggest some
additions:

1. Have participants display and navigate through an inaccessible site using
a screen reader OR a text-based browser -- OR -- show people the output of
an inaccessible Web site as generated through a Lynx emulator (~10 minutes).

I would change this to:

Have participants display and navigate through an inaccessible site using a
screen reader OR a text-based browser -- OR -- show people the output of an
inaccessible Web site as generated through a Lynx emulator. (new) If these
technologies are not available, use any browser with images turned off. (~10
minutes).

I would add a new #3 -

Ask participants to navigate several sites using streaming audio and/or
video with the speakers turned off.

Kathleen Anderson, Chair
State of Connecticut
CMAC Web Site Accessibility Committee