RE: oops was Designing websites for people with learning disabili ties

I did a chapter a number of years ago that is a good intro.  I did it
with Lyle Lloyd  for the American Speech Hearing and Language Assn
(ASHA) for their book  AUGMENTATIVE COMMUNICATION    - Sarah Blackstone
Ph.D.  Editor.

If you don’t have it in your library let me know - and I'll see if I can
send you a copy of the chapter.

There are new picture systems since then  --  and Minspeak has evolved
-- but it will give you a good intro.    You can also so a forward
reference search off of the book  or chapter and you should get most
newer papers. (if you chain your search).

Here is the chapter.  It was a long one with selection systems and
symbols systems.

Vanderheiden, G. C., & Lloyd, L. L. (1986).  Communication systems and
their components.  In S. W. Blackstone & D. M. Bruskin (Eds.),
Augmentative communication: An introduction (p. 49-161).  Rockville, MD:
American Speech, Language, and Hearing Association.

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Ind Engr - Biomed - Trace,  Univ of Wis