Re: Agenda, Meeting 21 Friday 2001

Jonathan:

You don't appear to be associated with this scenario; you are not listed in
the contributors
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/PWD-Use-Web/Overview.html#ack
nor in the EOWG Members in good standing
         http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/EOWG-members.html
so I am unclear regarding your urgent concern that you would be associated
with this scenario in this draft.

The history of who has proposed what is publicly available on the EOWG
mailing list
         http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-eo/
and in minutes of meetings and change logs which reflect group discussion.
You are as welcome as anyone else to look at who contributed to EOWG work,
so kindly do not offend EOWG Members by implying otherwise.

Some proposals received since our last draft have already been discussed
and will be incorporated in our next draft. If there are others that have
been received but not yet discussed, we will discuss them, and if
appropriate incorporate them before moving the document out for public review.

I don't know why your email client is receiving multiple copies. You should
receive no more than two from me with this message, which is the same
number that I receive when you send messages addressed to me and the list.

- Judy

At 02:11 PM 9/27/01 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>I'd be happier if the scenario was removed asap.
>I do recognise there are good reasons for things remaining stable.
>
>However I advised against this scenario at the time, and frankly find it
>offensive to be associated, even remotely with it.
>It appears to have been included as a token gesture, at the time.
>If those members who promoted it are not willing to be identified it says
>little for their credibility.
>
>Perhaps in future we could have a more open system where proposals are from
>named individuals, who are responsible to the group for their proposal.
>Clearly we need to discuss possible scenarios, and although I submitted one
>quite some time ago, I've yet to receive any response.
>
>My suggestion related to accessing multimedia, music, films
>An example where symbolic links are used without any text by a large
>commercial organisation is: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/
>It is intended for a mainstream audience, yet remains accessible to LDD
>users.
>Unfortunately as no text alternative is provided, and many of the links
>cannot be tabbed to, we probably shan't be able to use it.
>
>thanks
>
>ps could you please refrain from copying me into eowg mail, I have received
>up to 8 copies of an email from you.
>
>jonathan chetwynd
>IT teacher (LDD)
>j.chetwynd@btinternet.com