Outreach update

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
I presented at the Internet für Alle conference on the digital divide in
Berlin Yesterday. This presentation was originally to be made by Judy, but
owing to disruption to travel I was the person able to arrive.

It was a short presentation on the guidelines work at W3C, and implementing
them. The audience was several hundred, and the major feedback (both from
representatives of organisations, and from representatives of the German
Interior Ministry, who co-sponsored the conference) was a desire for an
"authorised" translation of W3C specifications.

I will be speaking at the XML Europe days in Oslo and Stockholm next week,
and my topic will be Semantic Web and Accessibility.

Charles McCN