Re: Site accessibility analysis - InFous

Hi Kathleen,

I too have downloaded the demo - quite a nice tool, but doesn't like
Australia URL's that end in ".au" (eg ours) - seems to think they're audio
files! The "Black and White" and "linearisation" previews are particularly
nice.

Question - I had understood that you could toggle between 508 & WCAG modes
of analysis, but can't find any details within the opions or the (limited)
help files. Any clues?

WRT Robert's question - SSB's products will allow you to analyse a "live"
site, Macromedia's tools require that you have access to the code pages
locally, ie you are the author or part of the team.

Andrew

PS - have you seen http://www.gcn.com/20_23/s508/16783-1.html - a
comparison of six tools. including those from SSB and Macromedia.

_________________________________
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager, Internet Product Development
Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210
Mobile 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/

                    "Kathleen Anderson"
                    <kathleen.anderson@po.st        To:     "robert.neff"
                    ate.ct.us>                      <robert.neff@uaccessit.com>
                    Sent by:                        cc:     <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>,
                    w3c-wai-eo-request@w3.or        <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
                    g                               Subject:     Re: Site accessibility analysis

                    27/08/01 21:48
                    Please respond to
                    "Kathleen Anderson"

Hi Robert:
I should be able to answer most of your questions by the end of this week -
we are downloading the demo and running it here against some live sites on
Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I will be happy to post a write-up that
answers your questions and generally describes how the demo went, including
installation and ease of use.

I won't however, be able to give a comparison between SSB's products and
the
Macromedia accessibility plugin, as we don't use Macromedia's products.

Kathleen Anderson, Webmaster
Office of the State Comptroller
Hartford, Connecticut, 06106, USA
voice: 860.702.3355 fax: 860.702.3634