Re: Site accessibility analysis

Hello EOWG:

SSB Technologies presented their tools at our CMAC Accessibility committee
meeting on August 13th. We were shown both tools, InSight 508 and InFocus
508. From what I can tell, it looks like you can customize the tools so that
you could do WCAG validation instead of Section 508 (or both, I suppose).

My one concern was about how well it would integrate with Frontpage 2000,
the standard here at the State of Connecticut. You cannot open your web
pages from within your FrontPage web with these tools (as you can with other
HTML editors, such as HomeSite or Notepad). You must export your pages out
of your web into another folder on your computer, run the tools against
those copied pages, and then import those pages back into your web,
overlaying your originals.

I have been given a demo evaluation copy which I am planning on running
against a couple of our sites next week (Tues & Wed.). I should have more to
report after that.

Kathleen Anderson, Webmaster
Office of the State Comptroller
Hartford, Connecticut   06106