Site accessibility analysis

From: <Andrew.Arch@visionaustralia.org.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:31:27 +1000
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Dear EOWG,

Thought this post to WAI-IG was worth drawing to your attention wrt
'Evaluating or Accessibility'.

Has anyone on this group any direct experience with SSB's products

Dr Andrew Arch
Manager, Internet Product Development
Vision Australia Foundation
Ph 613 9864 9222; Fax 613 9864 9210
Mobile 0438 755 565

Member, Education & Outreach Working Group,
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative

----- Forwarded by Andrew Arch/Kooyong/AFTB on 10/08/01 11:20 -----
                    Stephan"               To:     "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'"
                    <Stephan.Roche@        <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
                    bain.com>              cc:
                    Sent by:               Subject:     [w3c-wai-ig] <none>
                    07/08/01 11:29

To the list,

I just looked at the review for SSB's InSight and InFocus products and
it was pretty positive with respect to the products.  For example:

- According to CNET's bottom line, "SSB Technologies software products are
best in their class"

- "InSight does a fantastic job of easily locating files or entire Web

for review."

- "The user interface is excellent"

- "For the enterprise user looking for a quick fix that's plug-and-play
use, you can't buy similar products as thoughtful or as intuitive."

- "InSight 4.0 and InFocus 4.0 work together to provide the best solution

Section 508 compliance software"

- "One of this program's best features is the Spider, which can burrow
an entire Web site or down the directory of a large site segment.  This
timesaving feature can retrieve and diagnose an entire site at once--the
perfect solution for users who are retrofitting a massive number of

The only critical comments in the review seemed to relate to customer
though based on my experience, I can't complain.

Stephan Roche