Re: Evaluating for Accessibility

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 06:08:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: Kathleen Anderson <kathleen.anderson@po.state.ct.us>
cc: Andrew Arch <amja@optushome.com.au>, EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Database systems for producing content are authoring tools, and the work of
the Authoring Tools Accessibility Guidelines working group was intended among
other cases to provide a specification that these systems could be tested
against. Since each large system is essentially a special case of an
authoring tool, it makes sense to evaluate such systems against ATAG
(although that includes some fairly significant WCAG evaluation of result
pages).

Cheers

Charles