Re: Outreach Updates - Meeting Friday 27 July, 2001

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:32:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI EO <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
+ Met with Andrew Arch - see his update.
+ Met some folks at Melbourne University to discuss
   + potential accessibility seminar (they are planning to put it  on)
   + IMS work and WAI guidelines
   + ideas for a course (Masters level) in accessible Multimedia production
+ Presented on Web Accessibility to the Changing Landscapes Forum
+ Presented four workshops at TechFest - an expo of assistive Technology held
   in Tasmania. Actually I did two workshops, twice each, because it was held
   in the two major cities - one on policies and rationales and one on
   technical implementation.
+ Met some folks from Swinburne University Business School intersted in
   e-commmerce and accessibility (Swinburne has one of very few publicly
   available usability labs).

Upcoming:
+ Meetings of local accesibility interest group (includes several
universities, Telstra, National Gallery, Sausage software, Andrew Arch and
others)
    + tools for designers
    + semantic web
+ a couple of lectures at universities (melbourne, monash)
+ getting on with the rest of my job <grin/>

charles