Re: B C, evaluating web sites ....

From: Helle BjarnÝ <hbj@VISINFO.DK>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:11:42 +0200
To: "EOWG (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
As I was looking at Judy's revision from yesterday  (great!) I thought that
maybe we should put something in the introduction and/or in chapter XX about
the fact that in some countries they only have a few (or one) translated
screen readers , but if your market place is international then the
situation may be different in other countries and therefore you should still
test with other tools than the national/localized tools. eg. Lynx-Me even if
it's not used in your own country. I think this consideration goes for the
browsers too people in other places might not be at the same general IT
level as we are used to.
I often find it difficult to make web designers or webmasters understand
that they must do more than just make their site compliant to what is
accessible to a given screen reader. I know it's difficult if it is the
webmaster from a local county; maybe if we put in some words about the
importance of being part of the international society etc.
By the way
It took me a while to find out what HPR is <smile>

Kind regards
Helle Bjarno
Visual Impairment Knowledge Centre
e-mail: hbj@visinfo.dk
http://www.visinfo.dk/
phone: +45 39 46 01 04, fax: +45 30 61 94 14
mail: Rymarksvej 1, 2900 Hellerup, Denmark.