Re: <none> (business case from 508)

From: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:56:09 -0500
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
At 2001-02-23 08:01, William Loughborough wrote:
>There is a telling phrase in
>http://www.access-board.gov/sec508/assess-pre.htm :"it is not possible to
>disaggregate the data in a manner that it is useful for purposes of this
>assessment" which makes any attempt to use the usual methods of "costing"
>the implementation of what we propose in our "business case".

>The matter of retrofitting is more complex but may not be what we are
>addressing in our business case scenarios.

508 doesn't require retrofitting. I expect that most government material
online will never get
retrofitted. Wonder if we can read into 508 that any document that gets
revised needs to be made
accessible? At least if it is revised using hardware/software purchased
after 2001-06-21 ?--

Regards/Harvey Bingham