Re: EOWG: Agenda, Friday 15 June, 2001

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:16:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Outreach update...

Co-presented with Marja-Riitta Koivunen at HFWeb conference - the slides are
at http://www.w3.org/2001/Talks/0604-hfweb

Presented at a Monash university staff workshop -
http://www.w3.org/2001/Talks/0612-monash but the slides are not very
intersting - no new stuff really. On the other hand I had an intersting chat
with the folks there about implementing accessibility in courses (they teach
a large number of computing and web courses from undergrad to PhD level) and
in the University's activity in general.

I will be presenting on the Semantic Web and Accessibility in the Hague at
the end of June - similar material to the presentation I gave on the topic
for the eVolve conference in sydney at the beginning of May -
http://www.w3.org/2001/Talks/0406-semwai - but going into mnore detail,
especially about EARL.

I talked to a couple of developers of accessibility testing software,
including plugins for Dreamweaver and Frontpage, and hope to talk to them a
bit more in the near future - again a lot of the focus was on how to use EARL
to support better testing and tracking of testing.

Had a brief chat to people from Dublin Core about how EARL relatees to the
Dublin Core - ongoing topic.

Charles McCN