Fw: Section 9.0

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 08:12:27 +0100
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
An example of the type of enquirer who might benefit from being pointed to a
working example?
I'm not yet in a position to benefit directly, however I've been asked to
look at dv cameras so a future project might include short segments of
action.

from a recent ig request

> I'm faced with my first occurrence of inserting a short movie clip (.mpg
> file) into a page.  I'm afraid I'm not 'getting' all that is being
> suggested in the standards.  In order for it to be accessible, what is
> appropriate markup?   Don't know if I need to include the plug-in or
> not,  - or, if I need to synchronize the full text, rather than include a
> unsynchronized summary.  The clip is a narration of a missile. The
narrator
> is not seen.
>
> Do I need synchronization in this case?  If so, how is that accomplished?
>
> I have read section 9.0 on audio and video, but am unclear.  Do I include
> the Object tag only if I include plug-in? If anyone can suggest a site
> where I might glean this information in an easily digestible manner, I'd
be
> grateful.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)