Disabled Accessibility (Alertbox June 1999)

From: Andrew Arch <amja@optushome.com.au>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 00:08:01 +1000
To: "EOWG" <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Hello All,

Further to the discussion on Judy's new appendix, and prioritising pages for
retrofitting accessibility, see the following by Jacob Nielsen:

 http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990613.html

... and people are doing this whether we like it or not.

SO, maybe we need to help them in their decision making processes, if not
with suggestions like Jacob, then with strong comments like Judy was making
about "not trying to second-guess what information or services people with
disabilities might want to have access to first" (trust that was a
reasonable paraphrase Judy).

Cheers,  Andrew