Re: EOWG: Please respond regarding potential meeting

EOWG:

Thank you for the many quick responses I've received on this question; I'm
impressed by the interest level in this type of meeting.

It's been pointed out however that June 11th conflicts with an existing
meeting, and also that that following week may be more optimal for
coordination with other W3C/WAI meetings.

I therefore would like to ask your patience in responding to two alternate
sets of dates:

1) Tuesday June 12th & Wednesday June 13th in Brussels

2) Monday June 18th & Tuesday June 19th in Amsterdam

Please note, again, that this meeting would not be a regular working
meeting of the EOWG, but rather an opportunity to exchange ideas &
strategies on promotion and implementation of WCAG in Europe.

Thank you,

- Judy

>Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 02:00:05 +0200
>To: EOWG <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>Subject: EOWG: Please respond regarding potential meeting
>
>EOWG:
>
>At recent EOWG meetings we have discussed possibilities of several meeting
times in various European cities in June, with most members present saying
the proposed times would be difficult to make.

>I have a slightly different question at this point, which is to note that
several individuals have expressed interest in having a meeting
specifically focusing on promotion around the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines in Europe, to provide an opportunity for coordination & exchange
of ideas between individuals pursuing similar efforts.

>At this point we might have an opportunity to hold a meeting in Amsterdam
during the week of June 11th, most likely for a day and a half including
Monday June 11th and Tuesday June 12th. Could you please respond to me
and/or to the EOWG list regarding your potential interest and availability
for a such a meeting at that time & in that location? For this event I'm
particularly interested in hearing from European members of EOWG, although
I'd also be interested in hearing from other EOWG members who might be
interested in joining the discussion.

>Please note that this proposed event would not be a regular working
meeting of the Education and Outreach Working Group, but rather a meeting
focusing on outreach in a particular region, potentially to be jointly
hosted with another organization. If this particular time is not convenient
for people, I would still be interested in reactions to the idea for such a
meeting at a different time & location.

>Thank you,
>
>- Judy
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)