Re: Widgit & 'Things we do'

From: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 11:09:21 +0000
To: Julie Howell <JHOWELL@rnib.org.uk>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
The Meldreth Manor website is worth a very good look.
The author is very well known, and produces excellent resources.
Photographs are an essential part of the experience, as is sound, (mine's not
working at the minute.)*

Staff often complain (to me) that images and text are very hard to edit, or
format, after publication in widgit. eg on this page:
you will find that all  the text and symbols are one large gif.

Perhaps Julie could expand on the benefits of widgit.
I would be excited to see draft pages, (for the proposed site) produced by
skilled operators, with widgit.

jonathan chetwynd

*In the new year, I should have an adsl 512k connection at home, a ridiculous
To celebrate, there will be a slightly slow site (~80-160kb/page, or more),
with sound, photographs, symbols and text, and hopefully fully accessible.

just at the moment I'm
suffering from hd failure, screech, screech, clunk.