New overview of best practices

From: by way of Harvey Bingham <Wgracz@MPL.ORG>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:59:58 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
Though I've only finished about half of it, I thought the list might be
interested in an outstanding new overview of library services to visually
impaired people in the UK: "Library services for visually impaired people:
a manual of best practice." The introduction notes that "The approach
adopted is intended to integrate library services for visually impaired
people into mainstream service provision wherever feasible, in line with
the government's commitment to social inclusion and access to services." It
is available on-line at:
http://www.nlbuk.org/bpm/contents.html

Bill Graczyk

William Graczyk
Reader Advisor and Braille Librarian
Wisconsin Regional Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library Web Site: http://www.dpi.state.wi.us/dpi/dlcl/rll/lbphinfo.html
Personal Web Site: The Blind Readers Page:
http://www.execpc.com/~wgraczyk/blndrdrs.html