Re: WAI media Conformance?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:35:20 -0800
To: "jonathan chetwynd" <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>, "Harvey Bingham" <hbingham@acm.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-eo@w3.org>
At 04:45 PM 11/20/00 +0000, jonathan chetwynd wrote:
>sound effects are also significant. this currently is not implemented by
>any browser (UA) to my knowledge

I hereby expand your knowledge: Opera 4.02 will (perhaps "can be made to"
is more accurate?) play .wav files when they are linked to by an HTML
document. The example from the curriculum that you pointed out
http://slow3.w3.org/WAI.old/wcag-curric/sam115-0.htm ("let's shake on it")
works on my machine (once the .wav file is cached) but in both NS 6.3 and
IE 5.5 I am required to load a "helper app" to play them and miss the
immediacy of clicking on the link and hearing it sort of all at once as I
do in Opera.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE