Re: help re this stupid joke list!

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 23:31:03 -0400
To: Prof Norm Coombs <nrcgsh@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
Norm,

It was taken care of last night (Thursday), so you'll notice you mercifully
missed your Friday "joke." Sorry for delay: the increase in unpleasant mail
had been accumulating while I was traveling for some presentations and EOWG
meeting in Ottawa.

Two steps:
- W3C-wide spam block now on mail from that address, and
- Closed this list to postings that aren't from legitimate subscribers of
any of the W3C mailing lists. (That should cut down on other spam as well.)
We will be instituting the same thing on other WAI lists; legitimate
postings from people who aren't legit subscribers of any W3C mailing list
will still make it onto our lists, but with a delay.

Regards,

- Judy

At 06:34 AM 10/6/00 -0400, Prof Norm Coombs wrote:
>I am getting this stupid daily joke coming via this list.  The resent line
>lists w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
>
>I believe that the only way we can get removed is if someone can find a way
>to unsub the list itself.
>
>Help.
>NOrman Coombs

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)