Re: Quick feedback requested on draft WAI home page redesign

From: Larry G. Hull <Larry.G.Hull@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 14:01:56 -0400
To: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
The following two comments are from a friend who uses a braille
reader and Netscape.

(1)     When I click the [unwrap table] button, all that apparently happens
is that a statement is added below the menu bar, which reads:

    first part contains news, 'about WAI', participation information, and
    a search form. The second part lists WAI resources.

     Since the bar itself says:

    News … About WAI … Participation … Resources … Search … [unwrap table]

I confess, I don't get the point, except that this could presumably
contain some expanded information when necessary.

(2) By the way, I don't know how the menu bar appears in print, but
in braille, the header separators look like numeral 7's (%B7); NOT TOO
SPIFFY! -- What's wrong with standard ASCII | (pipe, %7C)? It's perfectly
clear and "THE SAME" for any application.  Before we start using extended
codes for general use, I think we better "standardize" the interpretation
-- if that's not a contradiction in terminology.

Permanent email address:  Larry.G.Hull.1@gsfc.nasa.gov

Location:                 Building 23 Room E411

Business address:         NASA
                           Goddard Space Flight Center
                           Code  588
                           Greenbelt, MD 20771

FAX:                      301-286-1768

Vice Chairperson GSFC Persons With Disabilities Advisory Committee
Web Accessibility http://webmaster.gsfc.nasa.gov/access/