Re: WAI HOME PAGE REDRAFT (Chuck's notes)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 02:42:20 -0400 (EDT)
To: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
cc: Chuck Letourneau <cpl@starlingweb.com>, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Judy Brewer wrote:

CL
  <excerpt>

          In reference to the Berners-Lee quote near the top of the page --
  I know the convention is to render citations in italic face, but I find
  italics harder to read on most computer screens at most any resolution
  and size.

  </excerpt><<<<<<<<

  JB: True. I'd like to do something different stylistically between the
  quote and the attribution, though, and boldface on the quote kind of
  chopped up the page; other suggestions? Maybe a stylistic differentiation
  is unnecessary?

CMN
I guess you should really mark the citation up as a CITE element, and how you
style it is up to the stylesheet you use or user defaults if you don't.

cheers

Charles