RE: An authoring tool that generates accessible code?

Hot Metal Pro 6.0 still has the check accessibility feature, but the checking
is not based on the current W3C Web Content guidelines[1], but on some older
guidelines developed at ATRC at the U. of Toronto.  I have enquired about their
potential support of the W3C guidelines and have not received an answer.  I
urge you to contact them and request they upgrade this feature to comply with
the current W3C guidelines.  They have a feedback form on their web page.

At 01:52 PM 3/3/00 -0500, Mike Paciello wrote:

> Alan:
>
> The person(s) who have the best knowledge on this topic are Jutta Treviranus
> (sic) and Lauren Wood.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Behalf Of
> Alan Cantor
> Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 1:40 PM
> To: Education and Outreach Working Group
> Subject: An authoring tool that generates accessible code?
>

>> This message was sent by Richard Jones to the EASI listserv. Does anyone
>> know whether this product can be recommended?
>>

>> Alan
>>

>> Softquad created HotMetal5 which had an interface that allowed a user to
>> create an accessible web page.  The latest version HotMetal6 and the new XML
>> editor do not mention these attributes on the Softquad web site.  Does
>> anyone know if Softquad is still creating products that support
>> accommodations for individuals with disabilities?
>>

>> Richard R. Jones
>> Assistant Director
>> Disability Resources for Students
>> Arizona State University
>> (480) 965-6045

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund